Access to various vendor portals, all entered through a
single vendor login, is established depending on the services or supplies the vendor provides the PLCB.
Below is a summary of the functionality of various portals.
Non-merchandise vendors, upon being granted access by the PLCB, can use the
iSupplier Portal to view purchase orders, including revisions and statuses; view invoices previously submitted; track payments; view receipts; update account information; and receive notifications of recent account activity.
Merchandise vendors can use the
Vendor Collaboration Portal to facilitate business processes involving planning, shipment, purchase orders, invoices and returns. Through the Vendor Collaboration Portal vendors can:
- Access item sales forecasts for the next 26 weeks, review sales history dating back 13 weeks, view daily-updated distribution center inventories, and see the PLCB’s planned withdrawals over the next two business days from distribution centers to stores.
- Document shipments to the PLCB, identifying items, quantities and arrival dates at PLCB distribution centers, as well as search for existing shipments and export shipment data.
- Search, view and export purchase orders, check the receipt of each purchase order and check the invoice eligibility status of each purchase order.
- Create and search invoices to ensure accurate billing to the PLCB, as well as check the status of existing invoices.
- Create, modify and search “Returns to Vendor” (RTVs) for inventory stored in PLCB distribution centers.
For help navigating the Vendor Collaboration Portal, contact your inventory planner.
- Put items on sale quarterly through the Vendor Allowance Program.
- View sales of items on sale through the Vendor Allowance Program.
- View coupon Redemptions
- Merchandise vendors providing wine and spirits through the Special Order process can use the SLO Portal to manage Special Order business. Through the
SLO Portal vendors can:
- Enter orders, submit new Special Order items, check for item approval or rejection, manage freight costs and manage item costs.
- View orders from stores and PLCB headquarters to determine delivery requirements and track product receipt and sale.
- Locate cancelled orders to determine if product needs picked up from stores.
For help navigating the SLO Portal, review the SLO Portal Instructions.
To review just the item entry process after February 2017 changes to the system, view the Item Entry Guide.