Special Occasion Permits
Special Occasion Permits allow eligible entities
to sell alcohol during fundraising events such as bazaars, picnics, etc.
- A Special Occasion Permit may only be granted for an event used by the applicant as a means of raising funds for itself.
- Only the area where sales of alcohol will take place needs to be licensed under the permit.
- Special Occasion Permits may only be used for nine consecutive or nonconsecutive days and an additional 10 consecutive days during a calendar year.
- An entity that has never been approved for a Special Occasion Permit before must submit an application at least 30 calendar days prior to the event for which the Special Occasion Permit is sought.
- If an entity has been granted a Special Occasion Permit in the past, a Special Occasion Permit application must be submitted at least 10 business days in advance of the event.