The PLCB engages in social media (third-party online communications channels – including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, etc. – dedicated to community-based input, interaction, content-sharing and collaboration) to create awareness of agency initiatives, build loyalty for the Fine Wine & Good Spirits (FW&GS) brand, increase sales and promote the responsible use of alcohol through its Bureau of Alcohol Education.
The PLCB does not endorse any views other than those expressed through content the PLCB creates. Content and views shared by others who engage with PLCB social media, including PLCB employees who may use social media in a personal capacity, are the personal views and opinions of others and do not represent the agency’s official position.
Acceptable User Content
The PLCB encourages comments and welcomes all viewpoints related to the posted topic. A social media post by the PLCB is not intended to create an open public forum. Comments should remain relevant to the topic at hand, and participants must treat each other with respect.
The PLCB reviews comments and content posted to its social media channels on a regular basis and reserves the right to delete content that contains the following:
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression;
- Profane, vulgar or obscene language or content;
- Sexually suggestive or harassing content, nudity or links to sexual content or nudity;
- Spam, such as the same comment posted repeatedly;
- Personal attacks, name calling or threats of physical or bodily harm;
- Personally identifying, sensitive and/or private information;
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party such as infringement on copyrights;
- Defamation to a person or people;
- Encouragement of illegal activities;
- Comments in support of or opposition to political campaigns, political parties or political activities;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Commercial content promoting or soliciting services or products;
- Inappropriate or illegal use of wine and spirits products or other controlled substances; and
- Links to other websites or pages including or promoting any of the above.
While the PLCB monitors its social media channels, it is not responsible for content generated by users, nor does user-generated content reflect the views, opinions or policies of the PLCB. Comments and content posted on PLCB social media channels may be subject to public disclosure by the PLCB beyond the platform on which the content was originally posted.
Communications posted on PLCB social media channels will not be construed as satisfying requirements for legal notice or service, shall not be considered official public comment and shall not be construed as an official request for records pursuant to the Right-to-Know Law.
Questions, concerns, complaints or misinformation warranting PLCB response will generally be addressed within one business day. Not every comment or post warrants a PLCB response, however. When users share opinions or points of view drawing engagement of other users, the PLCB encourages appropriate dialogue regarding relevant issues on its social media channels. In an effort to prevent the stifling of discussion or free expression, the PLCB will only delete comments and content posted by others a last resort, when such content is identified as in violation of the user content guidelines herein.
Liking, Following, Sharing and Retweeting
PLCB engagement with and/or recognition of other social media content, including liking, following, sharing and retweeting of content the PLCB determines may be relevant and of interest to its social media users, does not imply endorsement of any kind.
Copyrights & Trademarks
Certain logos, names, designs and phrases appearing on PLCB social media channels – as well as materials and content posted including photos, graphics, videos, etc. – are protected property owned by the PLCB, with all rights reserved. While users of PLCB social media are encouraged to share and retweet PLCB content and may such use content for non-commercial, personal use, users may not otherwise use, alter, exploit, or sell PLCB content without the express permission of the PLCB.
Other companies, products and services – and their related social media content – referenced on PLCB social media channels may be protected intellectual property of their respective owners. As such, use of such content for any use other than personal, non-commercial use is prohibited.
By submitting content on PLCB social media channels, users represent and warrant that either the content is the user’s own original work or the user has rights to submit the content. Further, users submitting content on PLCB social media channels authorize the use, reproduction and author attribution of the content by the PLCB.