Each case shipped to the PLCB must be labeled with the following:
- Shipping Container Code (SCC) – EAN/UCC-14 barcode appearing and readable on two adjacent sides of each case. Please review additional information on SCC label requirements and specifications.
- PLCB item code number appearing on one end of each case. Please review additional PLCB standard case code requirements and specifications.
- Brief product description (including brand name, size, proof or vintage) appearing on one end of each case
- Universal Product Code (UPC) barcode appearing on one end of each case
- Consumer-readable freshness date, if this date is printed on the retail unit
If a shipment is received by the PLCB from a vendor bearing an incorrectly formatted or affixed label or one bearing unrecognized coding, distribution of the merchandise to stores will be delayed until the cases are properly identified and labeled. Corrections will be made by distribution center operators with accessorial and administrative fees assessed for failure to comply with these requirements.
Examples of Proper Product Labeling:
Standard Label with SCC wrap-around
Multi-state label on one end of the case with the SCC lavel on two adjacent sides via single wrap-around label.
Compound Wrap-around label:
This example shows the multi-state label and the SCC label combined into one single wrap-around label. Please note that the sticker is positioned to meet the SCC location requirements.
Standard Label Convention:
Multi-state label on one end of the case with the SCC label on two adjacent sides.