The PLCB will only accept applications for classroom instructors during an open enrollment period. The next open enrollment is to be announced.*
Properly completed applications must be postmarked within the open enrollment period or the application will be returned. The PLCB will accept the first 15 qualified applicants who have submitted a completed application. If more than 15 applications are received, the PLCB will return the application and fees to those applicants who are not selected.
Classroom instructors have the option of using a standard classroom curriculum provided by the PLCB, or an alternate curriculum approved by the PLCB.
- Applicants who wish to use the PLCB STANDARD curriculum may apply during any open enrolment period. See ‘HOW TO APPLY.’
- Applicants who wish to use an ALTERNATE curriculum MUST have the curriculum approved by the PLCB prior to applying to become a classroom instructor. For directions on how to submit a curriculum for approval, please refer to the ‘Curriculum Approval Process’ guidelines listed under the ‘HOW TO APPLY’ section.
Approved applicants must complete a two-day train-the-trainer course to be certified. Course dates and locations are to be announced.
*Application prerequisite: Please note that all classroom instructor applicants MUST complete PLCB RAMP Owner/Manager training within the year prior to the date of application. This training must be completed in a classroom setting (online training does not satisfy this requirement). A schedule of owner/manager training dates can be found in PLCB+.
All applicants interested in applying to become a classroom instructor must**:
- Meet RAMP Classroom Instructor Qualifications and Responsibilities.
- Submit a complete Application for Approval of RAMP Classroom Instructor.
- Pay a nonrefundable $250 application fee.
- Submit a Criminal Record Check form.
**Classroom instructor applicants that desire to use an alternate curriculum (other than the standard curriculum supplied by the PLCB) MUST have their curriculum approved by the PLCB BEFORE applying to become an instructor per above. Please follow the ‘Curriculum Approval Process’ guidelines outlined below prior to submitting your classroom instructor application.
Curriculum Approval Process:
Please note: If you are planning to use an alternate curriculum that is currently approved by the PLCB, it is not necessary to submit that curriculum for approval. Please skip this step and go to ‘How to Apply’ to submit your classroom instructor application.